Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!




















We had a nice Easter here in MN. It was cold and rainy but that didn't stop Colt from getting as many eggs as he could at the Easter Egg Hunt. He did pretty good! He did even better at the house with the eggs left by the Easter Bunny! He has been asking a lot of questions about the Easter Bunny, like if he comes down the chimney like Santa, how does he know where we live, etc. I wasn't quite sure how to answer all of them. I told him with Easter magic! I think he bought it this year, I may be in trouble next year.

He really had a good time dying eggs. We did it three days in a row. He would have done more if I would have let him. He did the same thing last year too.

Mike got a new lawn mower! Colt LOVES it! It is a Bad Boy mower and Mike has taught Colt to sing the Bad Boy song! Colt sang it to one of his teachers at preschool and she asked me if I let him watch the tv show cops! They both sing it all the time! It is really driving me crazy!

For the last 2 1/2 - 3 years I have always been lucky enough to wake up to Colt saying over the monitor, "Mommy, where are you?" or "Mommy, it's bright out!" or my favorite, "Mommy time to wake up." Well, I am afraid that is over. The other morning I woke up to Colt standing next to me completely dressed, with his back pack and sunglasses on, ready to go to school (see pics)! I cried! I can't believe how grown up he is. He even went to the bathroom before getting dressed! After I picked him up from preschool he told me that he forgot to put on undies! I didn't even think to check! Of course he told his teachers that too! There have been a few mornings where he has called for me, but mostly he gets himself up now.

We have really been enjoying the house and the space. Colt loves to ride his bike and probably needs a bigger one now. We are starting to meet neighbors and have found some kids in the area. Mike is enjoying having the horses here and has found a place to rope 10 minutes away. He has entered a rodeo this weekend and Colt can't wait to go!

No comments: